Pinan Yondan moves 5-6 application one
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The X block (juji-uke) isn't really an X. It's a case of where you are touching yourself your are really touching the opponent. Simple elbow break.
- The sequence begins with the opponent standing facing you, having a grip of your left hand, wrist or forearm with his right hand.
- Bringing your left arm over to the right hip orients the opponent's arm.
- Push down with the left arm first, then grip the clothing of the opponent at his elbow using your right hand and push down into the X block. Your forearm will be on top of his.
- It bends the opponent's elbow and lets you rotate your gripped hand such that you can grab his wrist.
- Then simply execute the morote-uke with force.
- Pull his bent arm straight again, using the morote-uke to straighten his elbow with added force from body rotation.
- This movement will break the elbow joint.